Sunday, February 28, 2016

Dice Masters


About a year ago, I was introduced to a dice game and I don't know what it was about this game, the fact that you have to collect character dice along with their 3 ranks, usually the rarer ranks means the better power, not always, but usually that is how it worked.

This game consumed my spare time at one point, always buying packs of dice and cards, which was pretty cheap at $1.25 for two cards and two dice. But in the end, it was cheaper to buy a complete box set for $100 than keep buying the packs. As you never knew what was in the pack and getting doubles or 9 of the same card (Shakes fist at Falcon) was not uncommon. So trading with friends became the next best way to get new cards.



I never played card games before, like Magic or those types of games. But for some reason, add DICE to them that are also themed to a specific Super Hero character and it's like crack. With each update being a new theme, they always had lots for you to collect. X-men, Avengers, Ultron, Justice League, Green Lantern Corps, Dungeon and Dragons, Yugio, Spiderman. You could mix and match all the sets. Though I generally just stuck to the Heroes.


Until the second to last update, the Green Lantern Corps, where you could get Batman dressed in Yellow Ring power (really :/) , aaaaaaaaannnndddd you lost me. I really didn't care for that update so I didn't purchase any. The time between that update and the next one, Spiderman (which I was looking forward too) I had lost that "Must get new dice" feeling and I didn't even bother with that one.



I'm sure they will continue to release updates with new rules, but I have a nice little collection of cards and dice  that are more then enough for some gamey fun. Had to buy a whole set up to store it all. The game itself is fun and enjoyable, even though I haven't played it in a while. And most games can be completed in 20-30 min. A great pick and play game with alot of depth if you want to go all hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment